OUR NEW NORMAL AT JEAN’S DANCE STUDIO
WHAT TO EXPECT
As of July 2021, we are following all current, local guidelines in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic.
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOW IN THE RED TIER AND HAVE A LITTLE MORE FLEXIBILITY IN REGARDS TO MASKS. AS OF APRIL 19, IF ALL STAYS THE SAME, WE WILL ALLOW STUDENTS TO HAVE THE OPTION OF TAKING THEIR MASK OFF WHILE IN CLASS. THEY WOULD STILL ENTER AND EXIT WITH THEIR MASKS ON. THE REST OF OUR SANITIZATION PROCEDURES WILL REMAIN THE SAME.
- Prior to entering the studio, dancers will wait outside on designated markings with a mask on.
- A staff member, who will be wearing a mask, will greet dancers at the door, will verify dancer’s well being, and bring them into the lobby to take street shoes off. They will then carry their shoes into the dance room and placed in a cubby. Hand sanitizer will be applied prior to entering the dance room.
- While in the purple tier, all dancers and staff must wear a mask the whole time while in the studio.
- Dancers will bring their dance bag, which also is holding the dancer’s water bottle, and yoga mat or towel for certain classes, into the dance room and go to their designated spot to put their dance shoes on. The teacher/assistant will help younger dancers with their shoes if needed. Dancers may remove their mask at this time and put it in their bag. Dance bags will then be put in the same cubby as their street shoes.
- At this time, dancers will stay spread apart during class. We will refrain from doing partnering and lifts.
- When class is over, dancers will change back into their street shoes, and receive hand sanitizer on their way out the back door. Hand washing is always available during and after class. When you pick up your dancer, please be punctual and ready to receive your dancer at the back door. We cannot release the dancer unless you are present at the door. This is for safety reasons. We will be stopping 5 minutes early to allow for sanitizing.
- We are prepared to hold class outside the studio if required. We have purchased boards for dancers to dance on; cones to designate dance space; and markers to close off through traffic area for safety.
*The water cooler will be unavailable at this time. Please have your dancer bring a water bottle. The studio will sell water bottles for $1 if needed. Small bottles are 50 cents.
*The waiting room will not be open until further notice, with the following exception. One parent/guardian of 3-4 year old dancers, who must be wearing a mask and had their temperature taken, will be allowed to briefly check on their dancer from the waiting room window. This will be done on a rotating system controlled by the office staff. If there is an issue, the office staff will contact the parent. Parents may bring their own chair and sit outside or remain in their car.
*Since the bathroom is located inside the dance room, it will be only be available to dancers. It will be unavailable to parents or siblings until further notice.
*Tuition will be collected at office window or table outside once dancers have entered the dance room. We will help one parent at a time.
- Will be healthy according to the CDC guidelines
- Will wear masks if they are within 6 feet of a dancer
- While in the purple tier, all staff will wear a mask the whole time while in the studio.
- Will ensure the safety and well being of each dancer while in class
- Will disinfect and sterilize the studio thoroughly at the end of each day
We are doing everything that is necessary so that we may stay open and provide you and your child a safe place to dance. As time goes by, and guidelines are changed, we will hopefully be able to adjust the restrictions. Please be patient. We are happy to have you back.
– Jean’s Dance Studio Staff
The SD County Fair has been canceled for 2021.
JDS will have a Spring Recital! The new date is June 12 – 13, 2021.
Follow Jean’s Dance Studio on Facebook & Instagram for posts that may include virtual dance parties, choreography challenges, free fitness tips, dance games, and more!
If you are NOT getting the monthly JDS email please CONTACT US HERE. Please also check your spam folder & add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure our emails make it to your inbox!
Private lessons are available for students of all ages!
CONTACT US to schedule your one on one lesson today!